Sweetcorn soup with crispy fried chorizo
Brighten up a cold, grey day with this little bowl of sunshine! Super creamy sweet corn soup with crispy fried chorizo is so easy and soooo very satisfying. We love it served with some crusty bread and beetroot hummus. The vegetarians / non-pork eaters out there can sub in crumbled feta, croutons and a sprinkle of smoked paprika instead of the chorizo.
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 150ml sour cream
- 100g good quality cooking chorizo, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tins sweet corn
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Fry the leeks on medium heat until softened – about 8 minutes – while you peel and chop the carrots and potato.
- Add the carrots and potato along with the stock. Bring to the boil and turn down to simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until all vegetables are cooked through.
- Drain the sweet corn. Keep back a small handful of kernels for garnishing and chuck the rest into the soup. Cook for 10 more minutes before removing from the heat. Cool slightly before blending until smooth and creamy.
- Rewarm the soup and, just before serving, stir through the sour cream. Fry the chorizo until golden and crispy and sprinkle over the top along with the extra corn kernels.